A farewell to Alice, a big hello to Mesita!
So you may have already heard of/read about/tasted the excitement of Ventana Store Manager Alice venturing around the corner to open the beautiful Mesita Wine Bar. Taking inspiration from their travels, Alice and her partner Hayden have created a comfortable and inviting wine bar that offers an excellent wine menu and their take on Spanish + Mexican food. We are so grateful for Alice and the big shoes she has left to fill. You can be sure to find us chilled out at Mesita after a day's work, taco in one hand and wine in the other. See you there!
Custom Tees for days..
Printing custom T's at the Marty Fair went down a treat so we've decided to continue the creativity in the store. Pop in and design your own T- shirt and have it printed right before your eyes in a matter of minutes! Choose from a range of different colours and sizes and pick the perfect Lorien Stern motifs to brighten up your day!
Lucy Cooper, Jen Olson, Auriga Martin, Leah Creaven
We welcomed you to the opening of Upside Down and what a wonderful turn out! We continue to showcase the work of Jen Olson and Lucy Cooper until the 13th of May so pop into our gallery space and drool over the interesting collaboration of urban photography and mixed media.
Jen Olson and Lucy Cooper
At present - 13th May - Two Wairarapa artists come together for an exhibition of photography and "weirdos" - please join us for the opening, Friday 16th March, 7pm.
May 18th - June 24th - The study of ocean and land’s intersect at Cape Palliser, through the eyes of two artists, painter Joy De Geus and photographer Brent Courtney.
Natural Yarn Dying Workshop - Saturday 21st April
WORKSHOPS COMING UP IN 2018
- Natural Yarn Dying - Saturday 21st April 10am - $120 w/ FREE needles + sock pattern included!
- Giant Knitting - Saturday 26th May 9am $120
- Make A Silver Ring Band - Saturday 2nd June 9am $140 *SOLD OUT*
- Make A Silver Ring Band - Saturday 2nd June 2pm $140
- FLEURS du MAL - Saturday 27th October 10am $120
Many workshops in development, to be announced in the coming weeks:
- Ceramics Intensive with Paige Jarman
- Portrait Sculpture Introduction with Weta artist Javier Murcia
- Macrame Tying - Nidito style with Carolina Vargas-Gonzalez
Life Drawing and Paint the Masterpiece are to welcome two new and fantastic teachers. Talented duo, Andy and Adri Shaw will be taking over starting with our Paint the Masterpiece Sip by Sip class on the 6th of April. Don't miss out!
- Paint the Masterpiece, Sip by Sip - Friday 6th April 7pm $60
- Life Drawing - Wednesday 11th April 7.30pm $50